RPFSS Brown Bag: Legal Ethics and Cybersecurity
This program is a recording of the Live Seminar held on June 19, 2019.
If you attended the live program; You cannot claim CLE for watching this recorded program.
High-profile data breaches have become commonplace in the news. But the targets of cybersecurity attacks aren’t just big corporations. Law firms, which store large amounts of sensitive data, are also vulnerable to data breaches and cyberattacks. In this seminar, we’ll address the basics of cybersecurity, including:
• The ethical duties that lawyers have to keep electronic data secure
• The kind of cybersecurity attacks that lawyers need to be aware of
• How lawyers can I protect themselves and their firms against cybersecurity attacks.
• What lawyers need to do in the event of a data breach
Elijah Yip, Partner and Co-Founder of Luminate Law
Elijah Yip is a partner and co-founder of Luminate Law, a law firm focused on advising small and medium-sized businesses, particularly justice-minded entrepreneurships. He practices information technology and privacy law, health care law, environmental law, and commercial litigation. Before starting Luminate Law, Elijah started the Digital Media and Internet Law practice at one of the largest firms in Hawaii. He is the former chair of the Litigation Section of the HSBA.
Duration: approximately 1 hour
Credit: This seminar qualifies for 1 CLE Ethics Credit.
$15 RPFSS Section Member Discount, Subject to verification
$55 All Other Members
HSBA Members: Sign In to the right to purchase now with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
• Username is JD# (without any zeros in front) and Last Name. Username is not case sensitive.
• Password is first three letters of last name (only first letter is uppercase) and last four digits of SSN. Password is case sensitive.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ONLINE SEMINARS.
This seminar will be available in your classroom to view for 1 year from the date of purchase OR until June 19, 2021 which ever comes sooner.
ADA Accommodation: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require accommodation for a disability, please contact us by email at [email protected]; or by phone at 537-1868 and ask for the CLE Department before purchasing the program.
Questions? Please contact HSBA CLE Department at 537-1868 or [email protected].