Tips for Remote Depositions, Hearings and Trials
This program is a recording of the Live Webcast Seminar held on May 4, 2021.
If you attended the live webcast; You cannot claim CLE for watching this recorded program.
ABA Formal Opinion 498: Virtual Practice.
“The ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct permit lawyers to conduct practices virtually, but those doing so must fully consider and comply with their applicable ethical responsibilities, including technical competence, diligence, communication, confidentiality and supervision”.
Sounds ominous, but in reality, not so.
In this 1 hour session, we will discuss the technology used to ensure that an Attorney’s “virtual” appearances accurately depicts their own “trial persona”:
• Stand-alone webcams – ability to zoom in and out, enhanced lighting, increased resolution
• Speakerphones – do you know where the microphone is on your laptop?
• Managing the video and audio recordings in Zoom, WebEx or Microsoft Team
• Easy to use Presentation Systems to display exhibits
• For Hybrid trials – secure, high speed wifi systems eliminates the dependency on the court’s internet connectivity
Sandra J. Gran of Ralph Rosenberg Court Reporters will then share her own Court Reporting experiences during on-line recording sessions and provide tips for attorneys to ensure that their audio is accurately transcribed (see – do you know where the microphone is on your laptop?).
Mark Seo, HON Discovery Group, Honolulu, Hawaii
Mark Seo is the founder of the HON Discovery Group, a Computer Forensics, eDiscovery and Trial Technologies firm that helps law firms, governments and corporations efficiently manage discovery.
With over 20 years in managing complex discovery, Mark’s experience includes: Forensics and eDiscovery Manager at AMLAW 100 Law Firms, product manager for the top eDiscovery and Trial Presentation Systems, eDiscovery and Forensics Expert in Hawaii Federal and State Courts as well as supporting over a dozen Federal and State Court Trials here in Hawaii.
Credit: This seminar qualifies for 1.0 CLE Credit.
HSBA Members: Sign In to the right to purchase now with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
• Username is JD# (without any zeros in front) and Last Name. Username is not case sensitive.
• Password is first three letters of last name (only first letter is uppercase) and last four digits of SSN. Password is case sensitive.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ONLINE SEMINARS.
This seminar will be available in your classroom to view for 1 year from the date of purchase OR until May 4, 2023 which ever comes sooner.
ADA Accommodation: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require accommodation for a disability, please contact us by email at email@example.com; or by phone at 537-1868 and ask for the CLE Department before purchasing the program.
Questions? Please contact HSBA CLE Department at 537-1868 or CLE@hsba.org.