Solo and Small Law Firms: eDiscovery
This program is a recording of the Live Webcast Seminar held on June 1, 2021.
If you attended the live webcast; You cannot claim CLE for watching this recorded program.
HRCP Rule 26(C) – Discovery Plan. A discovery plan must state the parties’ views and proposals on any issues about disclosure, discovery, or preservation of electronically stored information, including the form or forms in which it should be produced.
The purpose of this presentation to provide Hawaii Litigators key points in developing eDiscovery Plans, including tips in developing defensible processes for data preservation and collections.
We will also demonstrate DIY eDiscovery Tools that can be used to collect, review and produce ESI:
• Client email – tips on client self-collecting email from Outlook, Office 365 or GMAIL.
• Use a file management system to preserve dates
• Reviewing and Producing “native email” using PST Viewer Pro (a $49 program!)
• Bates Numbering and Confidential Endorsements (Freeware!)
• Understanding ESI Production Formats
Mark Seo, HON Discovery Group, Honolulu, Hawaii
Mark Seo is the founder of the HON Discovery Group, a Computer Forensics, eDiscovery and Trial Technologies firm that helps law firms, governments and corporations efficiently manage discovery.
With over 20 years in managing complex discovery, Mark’s experience includes: Forensics and eDiscovery Manager at AMLAW 100 Law Firms, product manager for the top eDiscovery and Trial Presentation Systems, eDiscovery and Forensics Expert in Hawaii Federal and State Courts as well as supporting over a dozen Federal and State Court Trials here in Hawaii.
Credit: This seminar qualifies for 1.0 CLE Credit.
HSBA Members: Sign In to the right to purchase now with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
• Username is JD# (without any zeros in front) and Last Name. Username is not case sensitive.
• Password is first three letters of last name (only first letter is uppercase) and last four digits of SSN. Password is case sensitive.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ONLINE SEMINARS.
This seminar will be available in your classroom to view for 1 year from the date of purchase OR until June 1, 2023 which ever comes sooner.
ADA Accommodation: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require accommodation for a disability, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or by phone at 537-1868 and ask for the CLE Department before purchasing the program.
Questions? Please contact HSBA CLE Department at 537-1868 or CLE@hsba.org.