Settlement Planning for Claimants with Special Circumstances (Catastrophic Injury, Age and Public Benefits)
This program is a recording of the Live Seminar held on August 25, 2020.
If you attended the live program; You cannot claim CLE for watching this recorded program.
This presentation will address some of the common settlement planning issues relevant to the personal injury bar.
These include topics such as:
1. When do you need court approval of a settlement?
2. What does Medicare want you to do about future medical bills?
3. How are public benefit programs, such as Medicaid and Social Security, impacted by a settlement?
4. How can I help protect and add value to my client's settlement proceeds?
Scott Suzuki, Attorney at Law, LLC
Scott C. Suzuki, J.D., M.P.H., has been in private practice since 2004, serving as the Principal of the law firm of Scott C. Suzuki, Attorney at Law, LLC, since 2008. With a unique background in Gerontology and Public Health, Scott has dedicated his career to serving the needs of seniors, persons with disabilities, caregivers and families in the State of Hawaii.
Duration: approximately 1 hour
Credit: This seminar qualifies for 1 CLE Credit.
HSBA Members: Sign In to the right to purchase now with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover.
• Username is JD# (without any zeros in front) and Last Name. Username is not case sensitive.
• Password is first three letters of last name (only first letter is uppercase) and last four digits of SSN. Password is case sensitive.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR ONLINE SEMINARS.
This seminar will be available in your classroom to view for 1 year from the date of purchase OR until August 25, 2022 which ever comes sooner.
ADA Accommodation: In Accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you require accommodation for a disability, please contact us by email at email@example.com; or by phone at 537-1868 and ask for the CLE Department before purchasing the program.
Questions? Please contact HSBA CLE Department at 537-1868 or CLE@hsba.org.