Members of the HSBA get free access to Fastcase legal research as a benefit of membership. Fastcase is a nationwide legal research system that specializes in smarter legal research tools, including mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android, data visualization tools, integrated citation analysis and more.
To begin log in at www.myhsba.org on December 1.
Start using Fastcase today to see why Forbes magazine called it a "fundamental break from the way legal research has been performed since the mid-1700s."
What's different about Fastcase?
• Get the best results at the top of the list so you can find the most important cases right away
• Easily sort and filter your results to emphasize what’s important to you
• Visualize your results on the Interactive Timeline
• See automatic integrated citation analysis with every caselaw search
• Conduct legal research outside the office with the Fastcase mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
• Sync your desktop account with your mobile account so that your research history and saved cases appear in both accounts for seamless legal research
• Authority Check: Identifies later-citing cases and allows you to filter those cases to find ones in your jurisdiction
• Interactive Timeline: Maps your results on a graph so you can easily spot the most important and seminal decisions
• Forecite: Automatically suggests cases that may be relevant to your search by finding often-cited cases that were missed in your keyword search
Industry-leading customer service
• Free monthly training and tips webinars
• Reference attorneys to assist you in formulating research queries and more
• LiveChat option for assistance allows the customer support operator to send links directly to you with suggested searches and more
Online webinars: www.fastcase.com/webinars